Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kicking it Off

It's about that time to officially introduce to the blog-o-sphere the times of Ben Wescott and Lucius Nelson.

( A little side note to the readers, all 3 of you out there, up to this point I've gone by Joey Nelson. Joseph to some, Joey to most. But I was feeling the name Joey had become ill fitting. My whole name is Joseph Lucius Nelson. Joseph after my Dad's father's middle name and Lucius after my Mom's father's first name. Nelson after some dude way way back in time who had a lot of kids. -Just check the phonebook under Nelson. Trust me.-

To me a name has to personify yourself, or at least not get old after hearing it all the time. I knew I didn't feel like a Joseph, and Joey started feeling too Italian or childlike. I mean I have nothing wrong against Italians or children or Italian children for that matter, but I was never hearing "Ehh Joey!" or "Come on Joey let's go inside for Dunkaroos and Kool-Aid Jammers." Joe was wrong too - I kept getting the mental image of that guy who's always fat and bald and wearing a wife-beater mowing his lawn.

So, I figured "Hey I've got a pretty B.A. middle name, so why not try it out?" It just felt right. I mean how many white Lucius Nelson's do you know? One. Joseph Nelson was so common of a name I was on the 'Do Not Fly' list at the airport. The security would have to process my ticket and check me out separately to make sure I wasn't a terrorist using a fake name. So here we are with Lucius and I'm loving it. I'm not 'reinventing myself' or any of that cliche college stuff, just going by a different name. It is catching me off guard and my old friends are still calling me Joey or alternating between Lucius and Joey.)

This blog is for all you guys and girls, pets and sentient robots out there who want to know what Ben and I are up to, what shenanigans we are pulling, and what you can do to help us out or join in on the fun.

Bam. This blog has been officially kicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment