P.s. who ever put the chairs in the elevator that one night - genius.
And who cares if the AC doesn't really work right? No one that's who. Because Bates West has soul. A thriving, pumping, communal soul. Ben and I went up and down the floors looking for open doors to drop in and meet people our first week and were pleased when we found whole floors sitting out in the hall hanging out, playing music and becoming friends. Big shout outs to floor 3 and 13 with awards for friendliest floors by far. We are on floor 5 and it's getting there. Actually one of the main reasons we were going around to the floors was to put up posters I had made up as invitations for any "Foxy Ladies or Funky Fellas" to stop by our room.
We even hung some of these up around campus and the local coffee shop -Cool Beans. Sadly to this date only a few remain. It was kind of a guerrilla marketing campaign seeing as we never got them approved, and it confused a lot of people. The offer still stands though.Alongside The Foxy / Funky Poster I had made up this:
Just to encourage everyone out there with the capability to grow an Afro to do it. Everyone loves an afro. Especially foxy ladies with afros. I mean have you seen Esperanza Spalding. Good Lord.Anyway, we really lucked out with our roomates. Ben Fraser and Stetson Rowles are some pretty cool kids and everyone is real respectful of each other and the dorm. I can't exactly remember how we came up with the phrase "Bates West Till I Die!" but I think it was just a natural occurrence. We also have a Bates West gang hand-sign now. No Bates West themed tattoos yet, but I feel like we'd have to gain some serious street cred before we start getting that far into this. But we do have a pretty sweet Bates West song partially inspired by our dear friend Tim Shipp asking "Who the f--- is Bates West?". That's what I wake up to every day.
Our pad is nice and ever evolving. Being artsy kids, Ben I took to covering our walls in art, signs, posters, and basically anything cheap that will lead to a mind quaking sensory overload. I hope our walls are full by the end of the year.
Here check it out yourself:
No comments:
Post a Comment