Snow day in South Carolina? Whatt?! That's right everyone, we got about 5 inches of snow last night. My friends Leighton and Yaw decided to raise the ruckus with me and do some urban snow sledding around midnight. Thinking my underbed storage bin would be perfect I named it the 'Rukus Rider' and proceeded to fail miserable at sledding with it. We all experimented with getting in trash bags or wrapping them to our feet as skates or riding them like a snowboard. Right by Bates West is a steep hill so we hit it up. The most dangerous / fun method of the hill had to be body sledding. You just wrap the bag around your arms, get a running start and dive out into the air above the hill.
Going just about anywhere from Bates West you have to take this bridge that we thought would be perfect for some snow fun. You could kind of skate down the hill or get a running start and slide pretty far.
Even with my bike covered in snow I wanted to ride it. I had just gotten it fixed that day. Well, they couldn't fix my front break so I only had a back break. Not getting hurt wasn't really an option, but I figured it'd be worth it. So, I peddled through snow slush trying to gain speed while the handle bar is jerking back and forth. On a normal day you can get pretty damn fast on the hill ; believe me I've almost ate asphalt pretty bad before on it. Sliding down the hill the back wheel was fishtailing badly and making balance a jerky affair. I wanted to see how far I could push the bike and so I dug into the peddles and began swerve. That didn't take long to spin the bike and make the wheels kick out and toss me on my hip. The fall wasn't bad at all. So worth it. Yaw was yelling 'Rukus!" while I was riding. Great night
No comments:
Post a Comment