Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Exam Trackstar

It's exam week here at USC. Everyone is uptight, stressed, and suffering a severe lack of sleep. At times like this that the community needs a pick me up - a little laugh to cheer them up and lighten the mood. Enter Exam Trackstar, because what better than a kind of strange dude in your class to come to your final exam dressed like he's about to run in a 1980's track meet only to rip off his breakaway pants and reveal ridiculously too small track shorts, sit down and take the exam?
This morning at 9 am I had my Spanish final exam. Last night I went out to Wally World in an attempted to find the missing pieces of my get-up. Luckily I already had the shoes, jacket, wrist bands, glasses and sweatband. I just had to get real small track shorts and breakaway pants. Now the problem with that is that Walmart doesn't sell breakaway pants or small track shorts in Men's sizes. So I had to delve back into my childhood and shop the boy's section where as luck would have it I found the shorts and pants on sale. Oh, I picked up those slow-pitch-baseball-esque socks there as well.

Explain to me this: if you're going to make breakaway pants why would the top have fake buttons that don't breakaway on the side? Just don't make no damn sense, but that's how mine were. Nothing a few snips with the scissors couldn't solve. Torn apart at the top, I had to binder clip the pants together and wear suspenders under my jacket to hold the pants on.

So here I go at 8: 30 am a loud mess of red 80's track attire biking to class on a white and black striped bike. A few heads were turned to say the least. I made sure to arrive right before class started so everyone would already be sitting down. This was it, I open the door say "Exam time, baby!" rip of the break away pants, and sit down. A few people busted laughing, but mostly confused chuckles played under someone saying "you would." My teacher came in late and only saw me when I went to turn in my test. If you can imagine an older Spanish woman awestruck, confused, and speechless, that is what it was like.

This is one of those moments I think I'm going to look back on and wonder what the hell I was thinking. But hey, I got to lighten up some people's day so I'm glad I did it.

p.s. in regards to the censor bar: You see I've got what my family refers to as Nelson legs, aka real thick legs. Take into account those shorts are boys mediums and you may start to grasp the dilemma of the lack of space I had in the crotchal region. That polyster sheen doesn't hide much to say the least.

1 comment: